Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday #3

Woohoohooooo!!! I'm super psyched that it's Wednesday!

Normally it's just another day of the week, but lately it's been oodles of fun meeting new bloggers through the Peas & Crayons blog hop...or link party or whatever the heck you want to call it...

I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks because frankly, I ran into a string of less-than-overwhelming recipes that just weren't post-worthy. On the positive side, I lost 6 pounds...a lovely state of being that I'm sure will be short-lived now that my recipe radar appears to be back in working order, but one that I'm more than happy to trade in for a good meal!

Quinoa and Zucchini have been on my list of favorite things this week - partially because we have a boatload of it in the kitchen but probably more so because Q and Z are my favorite letters besides X, which I also find strangely appealing...

Before anyone bothers to psychoanalyze that too much, here's some of the yumminess that I've been snoshing on this week...

Stuffed Zucchini with Spanish Rice and Vegan Cheese (recipe coming soon)

UH-MAY-ZING Cherry-Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread Oatmeal (recipe coming soon!)

E2D Seared Tofu and Sassy Swiss Chard

Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with Orange-Lime Vinaigrette 

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Rigatoni Marinara (recipe coming soon!)

If you want to join the party, head over to Peas & Crayons and sign yourself up!


6 comments:

  1. This post makes me sad that my zucchini plants didn't make it this year--zucchini boats are the best, and so healthy! That rigatoni looks gooood too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your zucchini recipes look great---I can't wait for the recipes! zucchini is so plentiful this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on your weight-loss. What kind of vegan cheese do you use? So far I'm too scared to try them-- I had a bad experience with soy cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to force myself to take my eyes off that stuffed zucchini! Everything looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to put zucchini in more things- especially with oatmeal. I love sweet veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @forgottenbeast - so sad about your zucchini plants. wish you could come get some of mine - they're growing too fast for us to keep up!

    @marina - i typically use Daiya but I'm not that picky. do you happen to have a soy allergy? if so I suppose I would steer clear as well =(

    @kabochavore, @Jennifer, @mindrunningwild- thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments. And yes definitely try the zucchini in oatmeal - it's crazy good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yaaaay! I love comments =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...