Monday, November 8, 2010

My Weird Fetish for Brussels Sprouts

Yeah, I don't know what's up with this either. But the avocados are getting worried.

Alas, avocados aren't in season right now so I need a surrogate. Why Brussels sprouts? Well, for one, they are in season.

Believe it or not, my husband (who, henceforth, shall be known as "the Bear") absolutely loved this.
And he HATES sprouts!
Score.

Photo & Recipe courtesy of La Vita Saporita

CITRUSY PEAR & BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD

12-16 raw Brussels Sprouts, washed and thinly chopped (toss cores)
1 pear peeled and chopped
A handful each of raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds
A handful of dates, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (or a few Misto spritzes)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Ground sea salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
Optional: a couple of turns of ground coriander seeds

yields: 2 cups (approximately one soup bowl or two small plates)

I bet it will be even better with some fresh avocados. But then again, isn't everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yaaaay! I love comments =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...